Friday, October 20, 2017

171021 Emotion and Interpersonal Dynamics

Title:
Emotion and Interpersonal Dynamics

Speaker: 

張硯評 (Yen-Ping Chang)

Time:

10/21 (Sat.) 3 pm PDT, 4 pm MDT, 5 pm CDT, 6 pm EDT
10/22 (Sun.) 6 am Taiwan

Link:

Join the talk on BlueJeans:
https://bluejeans.com/6366170552/browser 


Abstract:
Humans are distinct from other animals for being not only social but at the same time, emotional. This time, I will talk about some of my work on the interaction between human sociality and emotionality (and not having been shared in Tyra). Specifically, I will address how emotions are communicated in relationships, how the communication feeds back to relationships, and indeed, how to make relationships better and more enjoyable. Because of my personal experiences, I am also highly interested in culture, how it could shape communication, so I will also talk about an ongoing project on the role of culture in gratitude expressions. In case you're wondering, This talk will not focus on any specific set of findings and will instead address a few more superficially. I will then conclude with some potential future directions. I hope you'll enjoy the talk and social psychology.

No comments:

Post a Comment